THE FIREWORK CODE
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE
* Do not buy fireworks from UNLICENCED retailers. These fireworks may be unsafe and illegal.
* Only buy fireworks that comply with current safety standards.
* Always keep fireworks in a closed box. Take them out one at a time and close the box.
* Never put fireworks in your pocket.
* Be considerate. Let your neighbours know you will be having a display, especially if they are elderly or they have pets or children.
* Avoid setting fireworks off late at night, particularly if it is a school-night.
* Ensure your pets are safe.
* Carefully follow the instructions on EACH firework.
* Never go back to a lit firework unless the instructions advise otherwise.
* Never throw fireworks; it is dangerous.
* Light fireworks one at a time, at the end of the fuse, and at arm’s length.
* Light sparklers one at a time and wear suitable gloves, even when lighting them.
* Never give sparklers to a child under the age of 5.
* Never throw spent fireworks on a bonfire.
STAY SAFE, BE CONSIDERATE, AND DON'T BECOME A NUISANCE
* All fireworks supplied by BFA members are tested to conform to the current safety standards.
If you require more information, contact the seller or any member of the BFA.
For more information, contact the seller or any member of the BFA.
Produced by the BFA in association with the Firework Enforcement Liaison Group (FELG), June 2016.